Thursday, December 30, 2010

Why hire a wedding planner??




Everyone has been asking, why would someone take money out of their wedding budget to hire a wedding planner? It's simple, a professional wedding/event planner can save you time, stress and money. It's as simple as that.
Contrary to popular belief, we are not here to boss you or push you in any certain way. We are only here to assist you. That's it, plain and simple. As a wedding coordinator, it's not my job to dictate to you what I feel you must have, should have, or have to have. It's my job to stand by you and assist you in finding what you must have, should have, and have to have. As a professional, I am here to help you realize your vision and assist you in attaining your dream while keeping you within your budget.

The next question is always with out fail, how? How can I help you??? That's as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4!


1. Contacts! I have been fortunate enough to have been invited into a circle of the most passionate, creative photographers, florist, musicians, make-up artists, venue owners and chefs. Over the years I have come to know this, Shreveport-Bossier city area has the top notch, Grade A wedding/event vendors and I am lucky to have worked with most of them. I will only recommended you to the people I would go to for my own personal needs. I feel anyone I send you to is a an extension of me and since I only want the best, I want you to have the best as well!

2. Education! Just as doctors and lawyers must continue learning through out their career, a great wedding planner will do the same thing. That is why I felt so strongly about joining the Association of Bridal Association, (ABC). To keep my membership I must complete a set number of continuing learning education, (CLE) hours each year or my membership is terminated. As a member, I am given a strong network of other event planners, vendors, trends, fashion and advise. At our national convention this last November, I was fortunate enough to meet David Tutura, star of, "My Fair Wedding". In the past the ABC has brought to us wedding gurus such as Emily Post, Colin Cowie, Preston Bailey and Sylvia Weinstock. This is important because they do not follow trends, they set them! Therefor, we as active ABC members get to hear it, see it, feel it and experience it before anyone else and in return, bring it to you!





3. Buying Power! Being apart of ABC, I have an international list of contacts and vendors to pull from, this allows me to join with all of the other members to buy from groups many other wedding/event planners would not have access to. This means discounts on many of the items you might find in your local stores! Seriously, why pay full price on something when you don't have too? We all love a great sale, right?

4. Stress Free! I know you have laid in bed at night thinking and dreaming of your perfect wedding day. However, when you were laying in bed, I'm sure you never envisioned your wedding day would entail laying out table clothes, folding napkins, setting place cards, calling vendors all while trouble shooting any last minute issues did you? Guess what, you shouldn't! It's your wedding day. That is what someone like me does. I got married a little over a year ago and even I hired someone! Why? I realized I wanted to enjoy every aspect of my wedding day, not work it.

All of the reasons above and more are why I feel most everyone should hire a wedding professional. A true professional will always refer others to vendors who are reputable and professional. They will continue their education as trends, fashion and wedding customs are always changing and evolving. They will listen to your wants, needs and desires and try to get you as close to your vision as possible all while keeping you within your budget. That is our goal, to assist you in achieving your dream day, not dictate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment